Tuesday, January 18, 2011

blah blah blah

To start the year off I'm going to do some back tracking and link to a few interviews I did that appeared on the webs last year. Who knew I could talk so much!

Craft on Foot is an initiative of Craft Victoria. It's a podcast hosted by Kate Rhodes and it offers a self-guided audio tour of my hood - Flinders Lane. (although perhaps not for much longer. More details as the year progresses). I talk about my experience of working in Flinders Lane over the last 16 years!!! (listen out for me shooting my mouth off about our greedy landlords - this might come to backfire on me someday)

The Audio Design Museum was put together by Object in Sydney and is a library of Audio tours of the design precincts of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Vivianne Stappmans, of the Design Guides, came up to the studio and interviewed Nicky, Cass and I and we appear in the 'focus on jewellery' podcast under the Melbourne tab.

I did a graduate profile interview for the School of Performing and Creative Arts at Deakin University. I'm not a graduate of Deakin but I'm a graduate of somewhere so they used me as an example of a successful (cough, cough) arts business! It has a kind of business focus so is less interesting than the other two.

And here's a picture...


Humph was chasing the rats in the lane behind the Nicholas building and was spotted by a professional photographer, PJ Santiago, who wanted him for his portfolio.

Chadwicks here we come.
.

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Hi Anna! Humph is such a handsome boy! Great shot. I'm off to check out your interviews you successful artist you :)

Patricia Niemann said...

Missus Davernator-maus, how nice to read your round-up. I do miss your hood very much and will come back to see what's happening with you and the sunny Melbourne jewellery community... from the Scottish Highlands, Patty goldsmith

wholesale jewelry said...

Hi, We are China Fashion Jewelry Wholesaler supplies most fashionable jewelry wholesale. Small order accept, Payment by Paypal accepted, Shipping worldwide.

fashion jewelry wholesale