Thursday, January 21, 2010

two new guys

These two are going to Munich

Calliope.jpg
Calliope - biscuit tin, 18ct yellow gold and copper

Trevor.jpg
Trevor - biscuit tin, 18ct yellow gold, sterling silver, copper and pearls

They're going to be in an exhibition of Australian jewellery called Treasure Room which will be on as a part of Schmuck in March. (That's a German site but there's some info over at Klimt02) The exhibition has been curated by Robert Baines and he requested some older work of mine which I pulled out of the archives this week.

Romance I.JPG
Romance I

Romance II.JPG
Romance II

Romance III.JPG
Romance III

I made these three brooches when I was doing my honours year at RMIT. They're really quite large - 200mm wide - and they're made from flocked copper.

This guy's also going....

Winkin'.jpg
Winkin'

Sorry I've been so slack about posting, it's a new year's resolution to get back into it. Part of my reluctance has been not having a good way to document things as they come of my bench. But I've decided that you can all put up with brooches photographed on pink tissue paper if that's what it has to be

.

3 comments:

Sarah B said...

Hi Anna, Calliope and Trevor are lovely! Love the pearls.
I've got my two little brooches from the Launie workshop on display at work at the moment in our Staff Art Exhibition - super daggy!

Mel Robson said...

Anna, I have a red tin with pictures of kittens all over it up on my kitchen shelf. Its ugly as hell, but you might be able to make something beautiful out of it...I've been meaning to get rid of it for so long but something stopped me....i'll post it down if you want it. xox

p.s. my word verification for this comment is larditop!! isn't that an ace word?!

wholesale fashion jewelry said...

Wow Great Post and Great Blog. Wonderful-jewelry.com is online fashion jewelry wholesale store where you can buy small quantity. And quality for any items are guaranteed. It is easy to order and to pay, we accept payment by Paypal. And we are easy to communicated.

fashion jewelry wholesale