Thursday, August 12, 2010

no time to scratch

So, we have been busy. I am so exhausted by the time I get home I can only collapse into bed.

We have completed 2 projects since the ring exercise, complete with 3 hour long crits! I don't think I've had a 'real' group crit since I was doing undergrad at Sydney College of the Arts in 1993!

I don't want to give too much away of Manuel's projects as there is pretty much always a surprise involved. And when I return to Melbourne I am going to lobby hard to get an institution to bring him out to Australia to conduct workshops as he is the most inspiring, intelligent, creative and FRUSTRATING teacher I have ever had (we started a new project today which is really pushing my buttons!)

Suffice it to say we have gradually been moving from direct representation to subconscious responses, as you will see...



You can take the girl out of Australia...

This is a brooch worn over the heart and is about 300mm across. It is cut from a bright red plastic chopping board with the little bench surround and peg cut from wood and the chain is made from binding wire. It is a direct representation of my love for my studio in Melbourne.

Bleaugh!

.

No comments: