Thursday, November 02, 2006

Intervention


Hi,

It's been a while but I've had a few things on. I've been invited by Otro Diseno to be a part of their pavillion at Sierrad, so I've been busy cutting out kangaroos.

muster (detail), 2005: brooches, mild steel, recycled biscuit tin
and liquorice tin.
70mm wide. photo:
Terence Bogue


If you're in Holland in December, please go and check it out and let me know how it looks. I've never heard of Sierrad but it seemed like a good opportunity to get the ball rolling on my International stardom push!!

I've also been preparing for my exhibition intervention at e.g.etal which opens on Monday. So, if you're in Melbourne, please come and have a look. There's no opening as such but it'll run until the 16th Nov. It's in the window at the Little Collins St store and there'll also be some other pieces inside the shop such as this one...

hmm... bad photo yet again. This is the companion piece to 'absent'. The figures attached to the tin lid are the reverse side of the figures cut out from 'absent'. The image on the lid is of Captain Cook celebrating the "arrival".

cheers, anna

No comments: