Saturday, August 07, 2010

random images...

...from Hallein and the academy. Yesterday marked the end of some of the courses that are running here - 6 new courses start on Monday so there will be a big influx of new students.



This is taken from one of the painting studios during the vernissage (opening) of the presentation of the work from the course. The works were displayed all around the building so it was great to be able to have a good walk around and discover areas that I hadn't been to before. This building is like a warren except that all the spaces are huge. It is very easy to get lost.











salt on the ceiling

In the morning I went with Peter (fellow student) to the Bau-Max which is the hardware store. Looks just like Bunnings. I even felt like I knew which aisle to go to to find what I was looking for!





Have I mentioned that it rains a lot in Hallein/Salzburg.



This is a parking clock! You set it to the time you arrive and the inspectors know how long you've been there. Genius! Let's hope they don't catch on in Melbourne.



random street view from the centre of town. Unfortunately my wide angle lens doesn't capture the height and proximity of the mountains which loom over this town
.

No comments: